• Old Dominion University 2020-to date
Department of Art Education and 3-D Material Studies
• VCUArts 2014-2016
Department of Art Education
• Governor's School For The Arts 2010-2014
Visual Arts Department
• Landstown High School 2010-2014
Graduated with Advanced Diploma
• Art Instillation, “Willing Vessels” at the Chrysler Museum of Art’s Vestibule 102 Gallery Norfolk, VA 2021
• Studio Assistant and Assistant Instructor at the Governor’s School for the Arts Norfolk, Virginia. Fall 2021-current
Ceramic Studio maintenance and instructional assistant, instructional assistance in Drawing Studio.
• Research Presentation of Ceramic Works, “Shades of Blue”, at Old Dominion University’s Annual Undergraduate Research Symposium Norfolk, VA 2021
• Student Worker of the Ceramics Departments at Old Dominion University Norfolk, Virginia. Fall 2020-current
Studio assistance, secretarial assistance to the professor, implementation of lessons and projects, and studio upkeep.
• Art Education Department at Old Dominion University Student Worker Norfolk, Virginia. Fall 2020-Fall 2021
Secretarial assistance to professors and head of the department, implementation of lessons and projects, graphic design work and website building, material and supply maintenance, and studio upkeep.
• Instructor and Coordinator at the Hermitage Museum and Garden’s Summer Art Camp Norfolk, Virginia. Summer 2020 and Summer 2021
Lesson planning and teaching of week-long art courses. Assisting the Curator of Education in overseeing camp operation, teacher assistance, childcare and instruction, and maintenance of ceramic studio and classrooms in the Visual Arts Building.
• Commissioned Mural for the Virginia Beach Vibe District VA Beach, Va. 2020
Selected from applicants to paint original artwork on 8 x 12 foot wall in the Vibe District on Virginia Beach, Virginia’s boardwalk area.
• Exhibition Juror for the Governor’s School for the Art’s Annual Student Show Norfolk, Virginia. 2020
Selected to judge and award student submissions alongside artist, Matthew Pierce, for the Governor’s School for the Art’s Annual Juried Exhibition.
• Solo Exhibition, “HeadSpace” at Utopia Feni Studios VA Beach, VA 2016
• Creative Intern at Non-Profit Art Gallery, Utopia Feni Studios VA Beach, VA. 2016-2017
Assisted in gallery renovations, planning and execution of community events, event photography and journalism, composing proposals for sponsorship and promotion for non-profit efforts, exhibition install and art curation
• Solo Exhibition, “Habitual Pretending” at Dominion Towers Norfolk, VA. 2014
Awards & Acknowledgements
Provost Award for Outstanding Undergraduate Researcher, Old Dominion University. 2022
The Windgate University Fellows Scholarship Recipient at Arrowmont School of Arts & Crafts. 2022
Old Dominion University’s Linda Holmgren Jensen Endowed Scholarship for the Arts. 2022
2022-23 VMFA Undergraduate Fellow, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts. 2022
Westminster-Canterbury’s First Annual Black History Month Emerging Artist Exhibition, 2nd Place Scholarship Award. 2022
National Art Education Association ED&I Scholarship Recipient, 2022
Old Dominion University’ Dean’s Selection Exhibition. 2021, 2022
Old Dominion University’s Charles K. Sibley Art Scholarship. 2021
Old Dominion University Student Art Gallery. Best in Show. 2020
Old Dominion University’s Barbara M. Gorlinsky Memorial Fine Arts Scholarship. 2020
Old Dominion University Dean’s List. 2020-present
Utopia Feni Gallery’s Annual Talent Exhibition. 2nd Place Best in Show. 2018
Governor's School for the Art’s Katherine Toscano Kastenbaum Memorial Scholarship. 2014
Chesapeake Bay Art Association Scholarship Competition. Honorable Mention. 2014
The Smithsonian Teen Portrait Competition. Honorable Mention. 2014
Scholastic Art and Writing Awards. Silver Key. 2014
The Cleveland Institute of Art 2D3D Competition. Honorable Mention. 2014